Sunday, February 5, 2012

Designer Gift Card Purse

Good Morning!
Hope everyone has a safe an fun "Superbowl" day! I watch parts of the game, but I'm not a huge football girl....So I will get the afternoon to play in my scraproom again! :)
Over at scrapbook.com in the challenges this month there is a purse card....so I looked up online to see how to make one...never made one before...I came across Dawn's tutorial at Stampin Up and it is fabulous! You can see it HERE. So I followed the basics of the card and added some extras and tweaked it a bit to make my Coco Chanel inspired Gift Card Purse.
So who wouldn't love to have this purse? lol




 I just used my son's family discount card from Target.... :)


Here is what you need:
Black and White Smooth Cardstock
26 gauge wire-silver
3 pearls
Martha Stewart Scoring Board
Spellbinders-Labels 20
Round Velcro
Black Ribbon
Skewer

First, cut a 6x6 inch cardstock in black and fold in half. Using the largest Labels 20 die cut in black cardstock. Place die cut over the folded black cardstock and mark with pencil where it meets. That will be your line to cut and line up at an angle and cut from pencil line to corner.







Next, cut white paper 5.5 inches x 2.5 inches, follow the same cutting as the black paper. Do this twice. One for the front of the purse and one for the back. Die cut 2nd to the largest Spellbinders Labels 20 in white cardstock. Using the Martha Stewart Scoring Board, place all the pieces of the white cardstock at and angle and score every half inch until you have a criss- cross pattern. If you have the embossing template, that will work too! I don't have it....but it is pretty fast to do by hand if you don't either. :) Also make a score lines on top x 2 about .25 inches apart. (Shown above in black)





Glue White cardstock on the black cardstock as shown in finished card. Leave the top of the purse off until after the handle is done.

Using the 26 gauge wire wrap it around something very thin....I used a skewer for mine. Then wrap black satin ribbon around the wire. Approximately 8.5 inches long, give or take. Punch holes on top of purse and put wired ribbon through each hole and crimp wire together in the center. You should be able to do this with your fingers. Glue down back of purse to the back.





On the inside top place the Velcro and line it up with the bottom...place clear baggie inside for gift card and add 3 white pearls to the front and last but not least the Coco Chanel inspired signature! I used my cricut, George Basics, cut .75 inch "C's" x 2 and glue them together.



This adorable little purse will certainly be the talk of the town....
Hope you enjoyed!

4 comments: